Top Causes of Commercial Water Damage
It's crucial to take care of any signs of water damage immediately. Commercial restoration services can be more challenging than residential. The size and structure of the property, the extent of the water damage, and the number of occupants will greatly affect the restoration process. Two commercial spaces with the same square footage could have completely different mitigation plans. While some issues are inevitable, many issues leading to water damage are preventable.
1. Damaged pipes/plumbing- look for drippy, or leaking pipes. Check ceiling for dark areas indication water damage. Toilets also seem to be a major cause of commercial water damage.
2. Poorly sealed windows and doors: Rain and snow can easily enter your business through poorly fitted windows.
3. Roof leak: The roof is the main defense against mother nature. Check often for damaged or missing shingles.
4. Appliances: Check appliances such as a dishwasher, refrigerator, and commercial coffee maker to ensure the plumbing is correct and not leaking.
5. HVAC: The heating and cooling unit is a major culprit of commercial water damage. Make sure to inspect it regularly for any signs of water leaks or damage.
If you need commercial restoration services, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Omaha Southwest & Omaha West/Saunders County.